New resident of the SEZ “Istok”March 31, 2020
SEZ in the Saratov regionJune 19, 2020
Under this heading, an interview with Maria Chekadanova, director general of the managing company of the ”Istok” special economic zone ”Istok”, was published in the May issue of the Russian Business Guide international business magazine.
In a conversation with a journalist, Maria spoke about the residents and partners of the Special Economic Zone “Istok”. The topic of cooperation with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Moscow Region and digitalization issues were also raised.
A fragment of an interview about the history of JSC “RPC “Istok” named after Shokin”:
Elena Alexandrova: JSC “Research and Production Corporation “Istok” named after I. A. Shokin” has a long and glorious history. It is useful to have a brief overview of the past in order to understand what happens in the field of innovation activities in Fryazino today, on the 75th anniversary of the Victory…
Maria Chekadanova: The first springs of “Istok” should be searched back in 1900, when the Anna Kaptsova and Sons partnership built an enormous for those times three-storey stone building in the village of Fryazino, the building of the silk-weaving factory, and provided electricity there. The factory was nationalized in 1918 and then closed. Then in 1933 a factory “Radio lampa” was organized in this building. At different times it had different names, at least seven. As the war began, the factory was evacuated. All the equipment was transported to Tashkent until December 1941. The branch of the factory remained there with the main equipment. But after the Germans were taken away from Moscow, at the end of December 1941, it was decided by the government to restore the factory and reopen production in Fryazino. And already in September 1942 the factory brought out manufacture of receiving and oscillating tubes required for radio receivers and broadcasting stations on pre-war production capacities: one million pieces a year. All this despite the fact that all communications and production buildings were blown up, and the equipment was carried out! The last train with the equipment was stopped in Ufa and was returned from there. The factory was rebuilt at its base. Removed employees stayed to work in Tashkent. Specialists were gathered all over the country, including a group of 200 scientists evacuated from the siege of Leningrad. The doctors had been recovering them for three months, as they were exhausted. Already by September, not only the factory had started its operation, but also the scientific research. And on July 4, 1943 by the resolution of the State Defense Committee of the USSR “On Radiolocation” “Research Institute-160” was established on the basis of the factory.
In 1943 the factory had already produced 3 million receiver-amplifiers. The task was strategic: preparation for the Battle of Kursk – and it was completed. Later on, the factory received English and American lend-lease machines. Even during the war there was a scientific reserve, which was then used.
The full text of the interview can be found in the electronic version of the magazine “Russian Business Guide”. The material is presented in Russian and English.